We offer scholarships to university, community college or trade school. We award 10-20 scholarships each year, and successful applicants can receive up to $8,000 per year — $32,000 total over four years.
We accept applications from students who are graduating from Cole Harbour District High School, Island View High School or Auburn Drive High School, or who have a parent who attended one of those schools.
- High school grades must demonstrate the ability to maintain a B average in your chosen program.
- Students applying for a university scholarship need at least a B average in high school.
- Students applying for community college or trade school will need a B average in the specific subjects that relate to their chosen program.
- Preference will be given to students in financial need.
- The scholarship is open to students graduating from Cole Harbour District High School or Auburn Drive High School. Students not attending those schools may also apply, as long as one of their parents attended one of those schools.
Submission and Application Details
- Awards of up to $8,000/year (up to $32,000 total over 4 years).
- Payments will be made directly to the student’s tuition account at their school.
- Student must maintain a 2.67 GPA or 70% average grade while attending their chosen program.
- Each year, student must forward official proof of enrollment & academic average to email@example.com.
- Unused scholarship funds must be returned to the Cole Harbour Foundation if the student withdraws from their program.
- Please submit the following before our May 1st deadline:
- Cover letter from applicant.
- Letters of recommendation (two or more).
- Documentation of student’s acceptance to university, community college or trade school.
- Details about other scholarships the student applied for or was awarded.
- High school transcripts.
- Email address of student.
- Email address of parents.
- If required, documentation of parent’s prior enrollment at CHDHS or Auburn HS — transcript, diploma or letter from administration.